Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Books

"Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. I think that there is nothing, not even crime, more opposed to poetry, to philosophy, ay, to life itself than this incessant business."
Henry David Thoreau

I really like Henry Thoreau's work, it is about my favorite.

"This really tells the importance of books and why they are a part of our everyday lives and make a scar in history that cannot be healed."
Manu Prakasam

1 comment:

Sundar said...

Hi Manu,
This is Sundar, and I'm 37 years old, with a 4 year old son - Arjun.

I enjoyed reading through your thoughts.

If you're not already aware, I would like to introduce you to the "Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" -
http://www.earlyamerica.com/lives/franklin/

My dad passed to me an old copy, and I still am grateful to him for that. You might identify with Ben Franklin a lot, I would guess.

- Sundar
sundarpas@hotmail.com

My Designs


make custom gifts at Zazzle

Here are some of my designs that you can buy at http://zazzle.com/technis*