Saturday, August 9, 2008

Haasya - translating the meaning of fun - Part 1


Haasya means fun in the mother of all Indian languages - Sanksrit. (http://www.alphadictionary.com/directory/Languages/Indo,045Iranian/Sanskrit/)

I am planning to give you fun information periodically sprinkled along with my own thoughts as well.

Since I am a busy person, I am letting my father do the typing as I dictate to him.

Let me begin:

1. How many seconds you can waste in a year - Upto a total of 365 x 24 x 60 x 60 seconds = 31,556, 926 seconds - Can you spare a few to do something useful to you and the society?

2. Future home for Neil Armstrong???? - Astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man on moon left his space boots on the moon. Did he believe that he is going to come back there one day?

3. Do you throw up before you eat or after you eat? Sea Star (Starfish) has to vomit all of the content in its stomach before eating again.

4. Do big cats only eat apples? - Apple's Macintosh Computers have operating systems named after big cats - the latest Mac OS X 10.5 is called the 'leopard' The previous ones have been named Cheetah/Puma, Jaguar, Panther and Tiger!!

5. Are you allergic to vegetables and only eat meat? - It turns out you are not made to be a meat eater. Your teeth are not made for that!

No comments:

My Designs


make custom gifts at Zazzle

Here are some of my designs that you can buy at http://zazzle.com/technis*